- Allows us to change same thing on multiple servers quickly and easily.
pip install --user ansible
- "hosts" file where all server's ip written.
- "filename.yml" code written to make changes in the above ip.
- Inserting a line after a particular line.
- hosts: all tasks: - name: line insert lineinfile: path: /path/to/your/file insertafter: 'add your line after this string match' line: 'your line or string' notify: - restart process_name become: true #allows command to run by sudo handlers: - name: restart process_name service: name: process_name state: restarted become: true
- Spaces are sensitive
- Save file with .yml
ansible-playbook -i hosts filename.yml